Woodland Gardens PATHS (Personalized Approach To Holistic Support) is inspired by the qualities of a true woodland garden — where the trees above offer a canopy of protection while the path below provides freedom to explore and discover. Created specifically for Woodland Terrace, this approach offers a gentle structure while providing the flexibility to meet the unique needs of the residents.
We carefully listen and learn from our residents, their families and their doctors to create a personalized care path for Memory Care residents which includes:
- Integrating resident’s life story, interests & preferences
- Encouraging daily physical & mental exercise
- Strengthening everyday life skills
- Creating special memory moments
- Providing support with flexibility
We pay attention to the details! Every space in Woodland Gardens has been carefully designed to provide a safe, comfortable and home-like environment.
- Dining — Freshly-prepared meals are served in a residential-style kitchen where families are welcome to join.
- Family Room — Enjoy the company of family and friends, relax by the fireplace or take part in small group activities in this warm, welcoming space.
- Stepping Stones Park —Surrounded by trees and flowers, this secure outdoor green space is the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon stroll or activity.
- Technology — Through Lifeshare Technology on the residents’ TV, families can share family photos, play brain games or listen to music together. Our state-of-the-art monitoring system keeps residents safe and secure with privacy and dignity.
- Resident Suites — Single-occupancy assisted living apartments feature personalized story boards and TVs with music therapy, photo gallery, memory games and family engagement. Dutch doors allow the care team to stay sight-connected while providing privacy to the resident.
The Woodland Gardens care team is specifically trained by our Care Navigator to care for residents with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease or other memory disorders. The care team assists residents and their families by assessing, coordinating and providing a wide range of services needed to address the individual care needs of the resident. The care team works closely with the resident’s physician to ensure optimum health outcomes.
Incorporating alternative therapies to complement a traditional care approach encourages a peaceful, safe and empowering environment.
- Music Therapy – Woodland Terrace employs a Licensed Music Therapist who works with residents to stimulate memory and help maintain positive changes in moods and emotional states, to provide opportunities for socialization and to promote rhythmic, continuous movement and vocal fluency.
- Pet Therapy – Therapy dogs are scheduled for regular visits. Research shows pet therapy can decrease depression and anxiety and promote overall joyfulness and happiness.
- Aroma Therapy – Essential oils are used through skin massage and diffusion to help with anxiety, sleep problems, memory and cognitive functioning.
- Art Therapy – Viewing and creating art shows residents that their story is of value and interest to others, provides a sense of mastery and/or control over their environment and offers an alternative form of expression.